mandag den 30. juni 2014

Nepali





Each time I am in Nepal I regret I didnt learn nepali before I came. And each time I promise myself that when I come home I will study it intensely, so that I am able to communicate in nepali on my next trip. It still hasn’t happened, but recently I decided to give it a new try, and in a new way:

I chose a few sentences (and other things related to the language) which I wanted to learn, and asked my husband to tell me the translation and how to pronounce it. Then I wrote the sentences down on my blackboard wall. (Sometimes with my own fonetic language instead of (or in addition to) the correct spelling, so that I will remember the pronunciation) The plan is that I will read it every time I pass, and then practise it in my head right after having passed it. When I have finally got the sentences stored in my memory, and always remember them without looking at the wall, I will find some new sentences. And so on. 
 
 
 


2 kommentarer: